Dear fellow international collegues, please take the time to read the follwing:

A collegue of mine is currently teaching a gr 3 boy (aged 8) who severly lacks empathy. I know for a fact that her classes are rather engaging and she is an outstanding teacher in all that she does.

We have tried various techniques such as 'the broken record' treatment (cause and effect for misbehaviour), slighly isolating him so that he has his own table as well as spending time in the deputy or principal's office when my collegue is completely exhausted.

What would you recommend for a boy that is just so defiant in what he does not want to do?

I know for a fact that his parents are super hygienic and natural in the dietry needs of this boy and gluten free too.

Please, please, please help us to help better educate this boy.

Vues : 18

Y répondre

Réponses à cette discussion

Dear Brendan I think must to work through the hoby, to generate interest, make friends .
Should clearly at interests the boys: what’s he likes now, what he wants, what he wants to do when they grow up.
I would need more information to help with this. A biopsychosocial needs to be done. You must look at the whole picture and then treat it. I don't like disciplining children or isolation. He could be a genius. Why doesn't he have empathy? Is he getting enough love? I need more!
send me an email with more information. Specifically something on the parents and their parenting, any siblings, his biological condition, the environment he lives in, and what class you are teaching him. Also what behaviors you see and what he likes to do and not to do.

RSS

Supporters

Be Creative ! Make your Difference !

Activité la plus récente

Sami Jarkas a commenté l'album de Sami Jarkas
11 mars
Album publié par Sami Jarkas
11 mars
Sami Jarkas a partagé son billet sur Facebook
11 mars
Sami Jarkas a partagé sa discussion sur Facebook
11 mars
Sami Jarkas a partagé sa photo sur Facebook
10 mars
Sami Jarkas a partagé sa discussion sur Facebook
10 mars
Sami Jarkas et G. Mat sont désormais ami(e)s
10 mars
Peyrard est désormais membre de L'Ecole Hors les Murs - School Beyond The Walls
4 déc. 2017
anterrieu est désormais membre de L'Ecole Hors les Murs - School Beyond The Walls
12 nov. 2017

Badge

Chargement en cours…

© 2018   Créé par Vincent Mespoulet.   Sponsorisé par

Badges  |  Signaler un problème  |  Conditions d'utilisation