Hello!I would would like to start a new bilateral Comenius project this year. I wonder one of my colleagues active on School Beyond the Walls would be interested in. I am looking forward to get an quick unserwer! Have a nice evening!Plus
I wish i knew German. Can we become friends? NEPAL AT A GLANCE
147,181 sq km
North: China; East, West & South: India
Kathmandu (total population of Kathmandu urban area: 1.5 Million)
Male 60.5 years; Female 61.5 years
Male 65.1%; Female 42.5%
Indo-Aryan groups: Brahmin and Chettri castes;
Indigenous groups: Gurung, Limbu, Magar, Newar, Rai, Sherpa, Tamang, Tharu, and others
Hinduism 86.2%, Buddhism 7.8%, Islam 3.8%, other 2.2%
Nepali (official language, 58%), Tibeto-Burmese languages (mainly in the hill areas, 20%), Indo-European languages (mainly in the Terai areas bordering India, 20%), Newari (mainly in the Kathmandu Valley, 2%), English (government offices and businesses)
Though these are the main languages spoken, the estimated number of spoken languages is 30 with dozens of different dialects
The major part of the country consists of high mountains and rolling hills. It accounts for about 83% of the total land and the plain of the Terai occupies the remaining 17%. Altitude varies from 70 meters above sea level in the Terai in the south to 8848 meters in the north Himalayas (Mt. Everest).
Climate and Weather
Nepal has four distinct seasons
• Spring (March to May)
• Summer (June to August)
• Autumn (September to November)
• Winter (December to February)
Conditions in Nepal vary from region to region. Summer and late spring temperatures range from more than 40 Degrees Celsius in the Terai to about 28 Degrees Celsius in the hilly region of the country. In winter, average maximum and minimum temperatures in the Terai range from mild 23 Degrees Celsius to brisk 7 Degrees Celsius while the central valleys experience a chilly 12 Degrees Celsius maximum temperature and a minimum temperature often falling below freezing point.
Various National Parks with diverse flora & fauna, water resources and scenic beauty
Living Goddess (Kumari Devi), various festivals, World Cultural heritage sites (especially in the three former kingdom cities Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and Patan)
You'll find here many friends from more than 50 countries... Your projects sound very interesting... One suggestion try to check out our current projects specially Vendée Globe Project and Spring of the Poets 2009...
Welcome to School Beyond the Walls, Mihaela... Tell us more about your Comenius Project, maybe we can help you... Take time to explore our site and ask me if you need some help... We have very strong tools here to host projects and share ideas...
Pas encore de commentaires !
Bienvenue dans L'Ecole Hors les Murs - School Beyond The Walls